SAFe 6.0 Advanced Scrum Master Course with ASM Training
The next step in the Scrum Master’s learning journey
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Learning Objectives
- SAFe® framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe® ASM course are required to have one of the following certificates:
Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend.
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) certification
- SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the ASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification examadministration and scoring
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are yearly from the date of certification:
- Renewal fee: $100
- Renewal requirement: 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
|Click to Register
|July 6th & 7th, 2024 (2 Days)
|Saturday & Sunday
|7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Price: – $599.00
Training Mode: Online
Please call for group discounts when registering 5 more students together.
Can SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) class be taken online?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:08:12+00:00
Yes, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification training can be taken online.
Is the SASM workshop fee refundable?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:07:39+00:00
Yes, the fees is refundable up to one week before the class begins. After that time period, if you can’t take the class for a genuine reason, it can be applied to another course offered at Sync IT Learning (SIL).
What are the pre-requisites for taking this training?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:06:58+00:00
Attendees of the SAFe® ASM course are required to have one of the following certificates. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend.
How soon can I take the exam?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:06:29+00:00
You can take the SAFe exam as soon as Smitha Sasidharan, the SAFe instructor has marked your attendance for both the days of training, which will be generally within an hour past the conclusion of the 2-day training.
What is the format of the SAFe exam?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:02:36+00:00
Multiple choice (one answer) or multiple select (2-3 answer).
What if I can’t take the SAFe exam within 30 days of attending the class?Sync IT2023-08-04T18:01:43+00:00
Within the 30 days of SAFe course completion window, if you haven’t taken the exam, it will cost you $50 for each attempt to take the exam or retake it if you don’t pass it.
Do I have to pay extra for the certification fee?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:59:20+00:00
One-time exam and certification fee is included in the cost.
Does this class qualify towards the contact hours needed as a prerequisite for taking the PMI-ACP certification?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:58:34+00:00
PMI requires contact hours in Agile Practice and this class qualifies towards that. Please note however that this class is not designed to help you specifically prepare for the PMI-ACP certification, even though it counts towards meeting the prerequisite to apply for the test. PMI ACP requires 21 hours and this course is 16 hours. So, yes, it does apply towards contact hours for PMI-ACP but you still have to make up for the difference of 5 hours.
Do I earn PDUs (Professional Development Unit) or SEUs (Scrum Education Unit) for taking this class?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:57:35+00:00
a). Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs for their continuing education requirements (category: B) with Project Management Institute for their PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
b). Additionally, attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 SEUs under Category C towards earning or renewing their CSP certification through Scrum Alliance.
What materials am I expected to bring to the workshop?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:56:24+00:00
When you take any SAFe class with Sync IT Learning, you will receive the course material from us. So, no need to bring anything besides your energetic self.
What is the difference between SAFe Scrum Master and SAFe Advanced Scrum Master?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:55:40+00:00
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course covers topics relevant to the Scrum Master role in SAFe but not covered in the SAFe Scrum Master class. It introduces the 7-core competencies of business agility and connects the Scrum Master role to the SAFe Principles.
Where can I find more information about this class?Sync IT2023-08-04T17:55:00+00:00